Greetings from good, ol' P-town. Right now Camie and I are fortunate enough to have our very own Alexis Lopez and Hailey Achter in our living room right now, gracing us with their presence. It has been fun to have them down here. Last night, Alexis and Hailey came down to spend the night at Adrienne's and I met up with them and Adrienne at Cafe Rio for dinner. Then we went and saw August Rush. It was a very cute, touching movie and afterwards Alexis told Hailey and me that, had she not been sitting between us in the theater, she would have bawled through the whole thing. I didn't realize Alexis was such an emotional person. You learn new things everyday I guess.
I think the blog idea is wonderful! It's been fun reading all of your blogs and learning more about your current lives. Right now I'm in my first semester of the English Education program and I absolutely love it! I go to Lehi High School every Tuesday to Friday from 7:30 to around 11. It's way cool. On Thursday and Friday I got to teach a lesson (for the whole hour and a half) to a Senior English class. Me, teaching a Senior English class! Crazy, huh?! It's kind of weird because I'm only two years older than they are but I wear my "power boots" in order to give me 3.5 more inches and a new sense of confidence. It's amazing what those boots do for me! Haha, jk ... but really. On Friday the teacher that supervises me took a sick day and there weren't enough subs to go around and so for one class period it was just me in charge of the classroom all by myself. Crazy, huh? The class was a little out of control at some moments but I established order - at least I hope I did. It was a really good experience though because I had to really take charge, be firm, and find my inner assertive self. I'm glad that I had that opportunity because I worry about being a pushover as a teacher. Now I think that I will be okay hopefully.
Sorry that was kind of long. Besides that, I too was shocked and saddened about Heath's death. When I found out (from msn.com), I turned to my roommate, Stacie, and yelled, "Heath Ledger is dead! Heath Ledger is dead! Heath Ledger is dead!" She looked at me like I was slightly crazy because of how frantic I was. I was really sad though. RIP Heath.
Hope all is going well for everyone!
Love, Nicole a.k.a. Peep
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I probably wouldn't cry in front of most people. I am an emotional person, but not in public.
-alexis
Post a Comment