Thursday, March 13, 2008

Closest thing I will ever get to fairytale...which is kind of pathetic as there isn't even a happily ever after

So, it's been a while since my name has graced the blog board...it's time to change that.

I don't have that much time, so I don't think I will give a full update on my life. Another reason for this would be that there isn't that much to update.

Today I think I experienced the closest thing to a fairytale that I will ever have. Don't get too excited, though. Keep in mind that any encounter with a boy in my life is a big deal. This story in anyone else's life wouldn't receive "fairytale" status, but I guess it's like Einstein said...it's all relative. Now for the story.

PREFACE: So a couple of weeks back I was having kind of a bad day so I went to get Subway to cheer myself up. I didn't have anyone to eat with so I was just sitting by myself at a table in the Terrace listening to my iPod. Suddenly, a handsome prince (not really, but it makes it a better story) comes and sits down. Oblivious as always, I didn't notice him at first. My iPod gets me in a a zone...Anyways, he must have said something to me beforehand because when I looked up he was staring at me looking confused. I took out my headphones and said "what?" He asked if he could sit down and I, taken aback by his incredible good looks, could barely say yes. He sat down and I laughed to myself as I put my headphones back in. There is no reason any boy should be that good-looking. Soon, we were joined by a guy that tried to get my dream man to participate in summer sales. The handsome prince was so completely nice to the guy even though the guy was annoying and even though it was obvious the prince had no intention of doing summer sales. Of course I listened to the whole conversation (I turned off my music but still had my headphones in...sneaky, eh?). After the weird sales guy left, I knew I had to say something, as I was really impressed with how benevolent the prince was. I took out my earphones and said something stupid like, "You were so nice to listen to him. I'm so impressed." Like I said, ridiculous. He didn't care, though. We started talking and he was so cute and nice and funny. A couple of minutes later, his friend came and ate with us, too. We all sat there and talked and ate lunch together. They were hilarious and I laughed a lot. I gave them advice (especially the prince) on what dates are fun to take girls on cause apparently he had a little fling going with a girl in his ward. I gave them advice and we all laughed about dates we have had and stuff. It was fun. When I got up to leave I was like, "Well, it was nice to meet you guys. I probably won't see you again cause BYU is huge but I will say see you later anyways." They laughed and I left. I didn't think that I would ever see them (or him again). Little do I know...

TODAY, A FEW WEEKS LATER....I was in the library today and was headed to the computer lab. I walked past a stairwell and totally did a double take...it was the prince talking to someone! I laughed out loud and stopped. I waved to him and he looked confused as he waved back. Needless to say I felt really dumb. I didn't think he would recognize me. I went into the computer lab that was nearby and found my favorite seat by the window. Next thing I know, I person sits down next to me. He says something to me and I look over and it's him! I sat by his stuff without even knowing it! He asked me if I was the one who waved at him just barely. I laughed and said I was. He said he was sorry if he seemed like he didn't know me. He said he can't see very far without his glasses, and he didn't have his glasses on. I told him it was okay. He then asked me if I knew the person he was talking to and I told him I didn't. He then told me that the kid said he knew me. I was like, no I don't think so. To be honest, I completely didn't even pay attention to the kid he was talking to because the prince was so good-looking (I didn't say that part). He then told me that the kid said I was in his ward. He said the kid he was talking to was Adam Porter....Porter! The kid I have mentioned before and who completely blew me off when I asked if he wanted to go to a concert with me. What the freak? I was like, "oh yeah, I do know him. He is in my ward!" I guess Scott (the prince's real name) knows a lot of the guys in my ward. I laughed and told him that I had had crushes on most of the guys that he mentioned. He laughed. We kept talking while we studied and it was so much fun. I even asked him how the date that I helped him plan for that girl went. He told me it actually didn't. They had a "DTR" before it could happen and she just wanted to be friends. I was so happy, but didn't show it. He then went on to say that she was now showing interest again though, so he didn't know what to do. He had to go take a test and he was going to leave soon. Then he said that she (the girl) was going to come back to the computer lab in a bit and then he would leave. This is where the story is no longer a fairytale. She got there a few minutes later and he totally got excited and I am pretty sure you can guess the rest. He left a few minutes later, though at least he said bye to me. He walked into the sunset without me. Hahaha. Oh well. I am over it. That's how my love life has always been.

I just want to know the answer to one question, though. Why is it that boys will always go after the girls who play games? It sucks!

Well, there's my so-called fairytale with no happily ever after. Sad but who cares. Sorry it was so long. Hopefully you didn't keep reading if you got bored. Love you all!

Age

No comments: