Regards to all of my fellow Northridge class of 06ers posse friends,
First of all, I wanted to address the topic of the success of our sleepover. Thank you all for attending. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I hope you all did as well! I would like to personally apologize to those of you who had to get up at 9 to move your cars.
Work-
Yesterday was rather stressful. Let me give you my job basics. At our program we have 3 teachers, 47 kids, and me. Mrs. Alissa comes full time everyday BUT cannot come in on Wednesdays, Mr. Adam comes everyday at 3:30, and Mr. Chase comes everyday at 4. Well, yesterday, Mr. Adam informed me via text that he was sick and would not be able to attend work. It being a Wednesday, Mrs. Alissa wouldn't be there either. As previously stated, Mr. Chase doesn't get there until 4, so I was left alone with children until 4 yesterday. 37 were there. 1 teacher to 37 kids ranging in ages K-6. AH! I told the kids that they were secret agents and I was assigning them a secret mission to do something that no other after school has done before.... snack time with one teacher. They responded to it pretty well. Still quite intense. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to have just 1 teacher to 37 kids. It's really not safe. Mr. Chase finally got there, but homework time was CRAZY! 2 teachers to 37 kids is still intense. A crowd of kids constantly surrounding with the usual... tattles, restroom requests, "i'm not feeling good" complaints, needing help with homework, and a girl who was throwing up....its hard to satisfy so many children at the same time and its at times like these where I think, I am too young to go insane. I really start wondering if I'm going to wake up with gray hair one of these days. Haha. Stressful, but I still love my job.
College-
Today I helped take money for Institute Lunch. I've done this every Thursday since last semester. I love it. It has helped me meet new people. I get to wear an apron. Yes! We serve a different lunch every Thursday for $2.00 to about 250+ people.... so if you're ever in Ogden on a Thursday from 11:15-12:30, drop in! I have a 6:30 a.m. meeting every Friday, and believe it or not.... I look forward to it.
Boys-
The boy I took to the dance? I feel like he dislikes me nowadays. I don't know what ever happened, but... huh. I had a rather frustrating day with males today, but I continue on! Ha- Jennica Smith found out that I was still VL today.. she said, "you're cool!" and I said, "no, I'm a nerd!" Ha. No, it's all good. Things will work out how they are supposed to.
Random-
Going on a winter retreat with my ward tomorrow to saturday afternoon. Pretty excited. I love American Idol. The gerbil... wait wait, this is too good... it deserves its own paragraph.
Gerbil-
As many of you know my family owns a gerbil named Fox. Fox stays in Andrew's room. So, if you had to be an animal, you'd love to be Andrew's gerbil. Why? You ask? Well, let's say that this gerbil is loved and well taken care of. Andrew makes ridiculously complex obstacle courses throughout the house so the gerbil gets more free running time than your average gerbil. Well, we came home a couple of nights ago, and the gerbil was very near death. I thought her time had come. I thought she had seen her glory days. But, Andrew but the heating pad under the cage and the next day, she was alive and pumpin. Andrew was so joyous with her health state that he decided to build yet another obstacle course... except this time on the top 3 stairs. He used legos and made a beautiful course in which the gerbil had stairs out of her cage onto the stairs where she could run through a variety of tunnels and such. Well, Andrew failed to cover one hole, thus the gerbil escaped and fell off the stairs.... if this was to scale, it would be like a human falling from a 10 story building. A HUGE fall. I witnessed it because I was laying on the couch watching him play. Not the most pleasent sight to watch a furry creature fall to the wooden floor. But... she lives. No broken bones. Andrew believes that her legs are shock absorbers. Mother says that if gerbils have 9 lives, this one has used all 10 of them.
Okay, so, that's an update on Hailey's life this week. I hope you are all doing well!
With love,
Hailey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment