Monday, February 11, 2008

If a Deaf Person has a Heart Attack...

Dearest friends,
I would first like to address the reason for my unique title that I selected for this blog. I just finished preparing a five minute signing presentation for my ASL class on what the causes, symptoms, and treatments are for heart failure. Thus, if you know a deaf person who is having a heart attack, please send them my way and I may be of some assistance.
At my place of employment we recently had our volunteer decide to leave. I drew this conclusion on Friday at 5:15 P.M. when he came up to me and said, "I'm leaving and I'm never coming back." As you can imagine, this moment was as dramatic as it sounds when you read it in your head. Could quite possibly be rated as a 7 on the Full House Dramatic Scale... if there were such a thing. I lament over his departure, seeing as he did serve as a great help in the program. We have a surplus of children and can use every extra hand we get...however, I must mention that this volunteer did have a booming yell that, quite frankly, freightened the children (of all ages). Upon telling them that this volunteer would not be returning, I heard a few cheers and quickly hushed them, telling them that that wasn't appropriate behavior. After all, he was a nice man and a friend to us all. Farewell volunteer.
On Saturday morning I took the CAAP test. I felt as if I went into the room as a 19 year old and walked out a 27 year old because the test was so dreadfully long. This is a test that is mandatory in order to enter the education program which I am applying for this week. My interview takes place at the end of this month and I am fervently hoping to have a spot in the program this upcoming Fall. Seeing as there is a teacher shortage, I am hoping I can be confident for a spot. I believe it may be getting to the point where they may accept a sack of potatoes into the program because of the intense shortage. Let's hope that the sack of potatoes does not take my place.
The boy situation in my life has not improved greatly. A neighbor gave my number to a random returned missionary who has attempted a couple of texting conversations. However, if you did not know this about me, know that I am ridiculous with grammar and such in text. I refuse to resort to "teenage-text-talk".. thus when I recieved a text tonight that read, "whats shakin. How was your weekend" and saw that he lacked appropriate punctuation I felt no desire to pursue this relationship based on technological devices. However, after thinking about it for 20 minutes, I thought I was being ridiculous and gave him the excuse that he may not know how to text very well yet... I responded, and I believe that due to the lapse of time, he did not respond back. Perhaps another time. I just find texting strangers awkward. Then again, I am an awkward girl. The Valentine Dance I attended was quite spectacular... the boy I took is a dancing wonder. We were all over that dance floor and my arms were sore the next morning. I believe I did more spins than a merry go round.
Is everyone still planning for the sleep over this Friday night? I know that there is also a free ice skating night with doughnuts that we can include in our night of activities. Lots of single men!
With adoration,
Hailey

PS If we're going to start expressing our own political views on here....
I think global warming is a hoax. Science is based on data and they put many of the weather stations they get their data from in parking lots/roofs where accurate readings cannot be taken. They take in all of the data without even looking at the quality of the weather stations. In the 80's everyone thought there was global cooling... that we were all going to freeze over in glaciers. Huh. Interesting how we go from both ends of the spectrum in such a short amount of time. Quite frankly, at the current temperatures we are exeriencing...
BRING ON THE GLOBAL WARMING!

Alexis, I hope you still accept my friendship.

2 comments:

Dirty South said...

If we are going to get into political arguments on the blog. I am ready to combat your "bush-like" answer to global warming. Possibly a little more research on your part and you will see why global warming/cooling slightly work hand in hand.
-Alexis
P.S. Our friendship still exists.

The Posse said...

Hays, that was a superb blog--definitely one for the books. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

-Age